Protein loaded oatmeal that is delicious!

I love oatmeal. I eat it often. Not that thin "instant" type.... But good old fashioned thick  oats! The kind you have to cook in a pot, on the stove (unless you do my overnight oats HERE). What I don't love... How I am hungry 1.5 hours after eating!

I have found that I need protein in the morning to keep me feeling full! This typically comes in the form of eggs. I also read that a high protein breakfast can help you lose weight - that is a plus!! I have come up with a way to enjoy my oatmeal, and still get my protein needs met with eggs!  Creamy egg white oatmeal!! 

I know what you are thinking... GROSS!! That is what I thought to before I tried it, but I promise it's amazing! So amazing, I even make it for my kids oatmeal with egg whites in it now and they have no clue!! 

Peaches are in season here in California, and since I eat produce according to the "in season" schedule - I have tons now! We went to the farmers market to load up, and came home with 6lbs of peaches! I made some yummy peach streusel for the husband. I still had tons left over, so I made peaches and cream egg white oatmeal for days! I'm sharing my recipe here with you! 

What you'll need: 
3/4  cup water
3/4 cup almond/coconut blend milk
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup organic egg whites 
Peaches cut up
Sweetener to taste (I used honey)
Cinnamon (optional)

Put milk + water in a saucepan, bring to just a boil. Add oats. Cook until 3/4 of the water is gone. Reduce heat, while constantly stirring, slowly add egg whites. Keep stirring. Cook an additional 3 minutes while stirring (or until remaining liquid is absorbed). Remove from heat. Stir in sweetener, cinnamon,  and fresh fruit! Enjoy!






Protein Loaded Oatmeal with Peaches







No comments :

Post a Comment