Yummy Energy Balls - Recipe Included

I love making healthy little treats for my family. While many think we only eat carrots and celery for fun, we do enjoy treats. I just try to make them healthier treats! This recipe is one I made up years ago while living in Okinawa still. It was posted on my old blog, but since I still make this for the kids, and its such a great easy recipe, I thought I'd bring it over here to share with you all!! Seriously they are SO GOOD!


I wasn't sure what to name these (this is always a problem with "ball" type recipes) - So, I called them Yummy Energy Balls! These are easy to make, and the kids love them! Try them out and let me know what you think!!

Ingredients:

2 Cups of dates, (Dried, chopped)

1/3 Cup Water

1/2 Tblsp Vanilla

1 Cup Chopped Almonds

2 Tblsp Cocoa Powder

1/2 Cup Coconut

Combine dates, and water in a saucepan on the stove. Cook over low heat, mashing and stirring frequently. Cook about 10 minutes until the dates are all mushy and soft. Once done, remove from heat.

Stir in Vanilla.

Pour date mixture into a bowl, add 1/2 Cup chopped almonds and cocoa powder. (If still too gooey, add more chopped Almonds) Stir well.

Put into refrigerator for about 30 minutes.

Once cooled, use a small – med scoop to make balls. Roll them in shredded coconut or almonds and place on wax paper. Once done, return them to the fridge to “set” up (if you don’t eat them all before hand)

These are SOOO yummy!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family did!


Let me know what you think in the comments section below! Don't forget to "pin" it for later, and share with your friends! ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment