Ditch the package crap - EASY overnight oatmeal (recipe included)

I am guilty! I used to buy the packets of "instant oatmeal" for my kids out of sheer speed and ease! However, those are usually NOT very healthy or good for you! I am sure MANY of us are in a rush in the morning and need something quick and healthy for breakfast!

Well, since I am NOT a morning person, cooking old fashioned oats every morning gets old too! I do like to make my kids something warm for breakfast - or at least more than cereal! 

Behold the awesomeness of Overnight oats! Yes, you read that right! These are SO EASY, quick to prepare, and healthy (no icky added crap). I can prepare 4 bowls (enough for two days of oats for the kids) in just about 4 minutes! The plus side? My kids LOVE THEM!! I like them too, but for the kids this is just like instant oats, but healthier!

On to the recipe -


You will need:

Bowls to hold 1 cup with lids (I normally use jam jars, wide mouth, but I'm out of lids)
Old fashioned oats
Applesauce (homemade or organic is best)
Milk (I use almond normally)
Brown sugar (this sweetens well - I am sure you can use another sweetener of choice as well)
Cinnamon

First set out all your bowls! Measure 1/4 of your oats, applesauce, and milk into each bowl! Add 1/2 tblsp brown sugar. Sprinkle cinnamon on top to taste. They will look similar to this -


Next, you want to stir them all up until well blended! 


Next, add the lid! Put them into the fridge for at least 8 hrs! These will last for three days in the fridge!


In the morning, simply take out and eat! Can be enjoyed cold, or heated up! These are easy to transport also! 

Try it out, make it tonight and let me know what you think in the comments! 

Do you need glass containers to try this out? Try these below - 


No comments :

Post a Comment